Just when you thought that life was a piece of cake, the cake pop started popping up on Amazon.com.
Forget humble pie. Cake pops are delicious bite-sized nuggets of pure joy dipped in melted dark, milk, or white chocolate that are perfect for birthdays, graduations, baby showers, weddings, and more.
Why Shop Amazon Deals For Cake Pop Makers?
It’s easy to see why cake pops have become such a huge global trend: they’re as delicious as they are adorable, and the cherry on the top is that they’re as simple to make as pie!
You can also customize pops by sculpting them into any shape you want, from soccer balls to elephants, dinosaurs, and solar systems – the possibilities are endless.
Hungry for more? Read on…
The Story Behind These Delightful Snacks
While many aspiring bakers claim to have invented the cake pop, it was actually created by Angie Dudley, a celebrity chef. After one of her cake-on-a-stick creations went viral, Dudley was invited to Martha Stewart’s TV show in April 2008, sparking a mini-baking revolution.
The Art of Making The Perfect Pop
You’d be forgiven for thinking that each adorable pop took hours of love, passion, and care to make.
They are, in fact, super simple to make. Here’s how in six steps:
1. The cake: It is not necessary for the cake to be freshly baked. Without compromising on taste, you can use the remnants of a slightly stale or frozen cake.
2. Start crumbling: Break up the cake into small pieces, then add some frosting or buttercream to make a squishy mixture that can be formed into balls. The amount of frosting you’ll need is determined by the moistness of your cake recipe. Starting with a small amount of icing and gradually adding more until your mixture reaches the consistency of clay is the best rule of thumb.
3. Size counts: It’s best to keep the pops around the size of a ping pong ball so they don’t get too heavy to stay on the cake pop sticks. Don’t be afraid to use your hands to push and shape the cake-pop dough. You can use a stainless steel coffee scoop to measure out the dough before rolling to get uniformly sized cake pops.
4. Put onto sticks: Place the balls on lollipop sticks and place them in the freezer until they solidify (about two hours). The cake balls should then be dipped in melted chocolate and sprinkled.
5. Storing: While cake pops can be kept at room temperature for up to a week without spoiling, they’ll almost certainly be devoured in seconds!
RELATED: Amazon Deals For The Love Of Coffee
Best Amazon Deals: 10 Great Bargains At Amazon Today
Get your Amazon cart ready: We’ve scoured Amazon for the best electric mini cake maker deals (and thrown in a few activity kits that take the cake, too) available right now on Amazon:
Top Tip: For even more bargains, shop open-box items at Amazon Warehouse. It’s even better if you’re a Prime member because Amazon gives great perks like one-day shipping with no minimum purchase required.
Get More With RebatePal
Because we’re nutty as fruitcake when it comes to a great deal, we want to help you save the most money at Amazon.
To do this, you’ll want to remember to join RebatePal, if you haven’t already.
RebatePal at a glance:
- An online app that allows Amazon sellers to create exclusive cash-back or discount deals for deal-hunting shoppers.
- Can help buyers access an entire catalog of cash-back rebates and instant Amazon Coupons for Amazon deals.
- Works directly with some top retail manufacturers to offer customers using our site exclusive limited-time rebate and coupon offers for their products.
Amazon has loads of cake pop makers for sale, from leading and reputable brands. Remember that you can save even more when joining RebatePal, and clipping Amazon Coupons.
Have you managed to snag amazing Amazon deals on cake pop makers? We’d love to hear from you!